Ready to rewrite the future with us? Join the club today! We are looking for someone to take up the position of Head of Content to join our growing Marketing team. Are you a personable, organised individual, obsessed with delivering results? You could be the rockstar we are looking for.
Did you know the way we buy a car has been the same for over 100 years?! Don’t you think it’s time for a change in how we do things in the auto industry? We do!
FlexClub is an auto-tech company who is driven to give you the freedom to drive your life anywhere, anytime. We do this by offering our members the simplest and most flexible way to get a car through car subscriptions. This is achieved through partnering with the best and most reputable car rental companies and fleet providers. Our online marketplace enables both commercial and private members to easily browse and order their next car.
Our founding team is made up of Uber alumni who specialised in Vehicle Solutions for the ride-hailing ecosystem for over a combined decade. We started working on our mission by radically improving the informal (and often exploitative) peer-to-peer rental model that currently dominates ride-hailing in emerging markets. Our focus has now evolved beyond the ride-hailing world and we expanded our offering to private users who seek a mobility solution that does not tie the user down with commitments.
We closed our seed round in early 2019 and we’re backed by pioneering VCs and respected business leaders, to fuel our mission to unlock the simplest and most flexible way to get cars online. Why do we do what we do? Simple. We want to give you the freedom to drive your life anywhere, anytime.
The Head of Content is responsible for the oversight of the activities of the content department, topic generation, as well as forming and working closely with the content team to create excellent day-to-day experiences for our consumers and other audiences.. The Head of Content needs to also be in tune with technology, technological advancements, and current affairs. Ensuring that the whole content department is up to date for the production of relevant and relatable content.
Objectives of this role:
- Leadership: The primary role of the Head of Content is the development and optimization of the content department. In this role, the Head of Content ensures that all the business’s narratives and messages are in support of the content strategies and editorial decisions that they formulate along with the Growth Manager, VP of Growth, Product manager, and other key stakeholders. They also oversee the development and management of the business’s brand standards and content style guides, as well as the overall expression of the business’s corporate identity in the content it puts out.
At this capacity, the Head of Content will also lead, create and inspire the development of first-class content by the content department personnel along with other production means inclusive of videos, infographics, blogs, and data visualization in order to ensure optimal delivery of content to target audiences across multiple channels.
The Head of Content also acts as a mentor to key content department personnel, ensuring a steady, gradual improvement in their professional skills and gearing them up for the occupation of their position in the future.
- Strategy and Analytics: The Head of Content also develops and oversees an integrated content strategy that encompasses channel selection and focus, editorial governance, and metrics to be applied and aligned with the business’s overall objectives. They are also responsible for the creation of the editorial structure within the content department in order to ensure that all content across the business is integrated and aligned to support business objectives. The Head of Content enables structured content creation capabilities through the implementation of models and processes for sourcing information, analyzing, and creating content.
The Head of Content is also charged with designing and implementing measurement systems that actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of the content put out by the business against the business’s operational objectives and strategies.
- Research: The Head of Content plays an active role in research and in this capacity they formulate questionnaires and surveys, gather information from key industry figures in an attempt to determine the validity of proposed topics and themes for the business’s content. Also, the Head of Content conducts research on the competitive environment and gathers market data for the business and uses the results to come up with well informed topics and themes for content creation.
- Consultancy: The Head of Content also plays a consultancy role for the Public Relations Agency, Rest of Growth team and Product Marketing department offering strategic counsel in their content planning, development, as well as overall strategies for key events and projects inclusive of major business conferences, and other key initiatives.
- Content Creation: The Head of Content writes and has the ability to create all content put out by the business on the various media channels. They must have a knack for copywriting and a love for visual content creation.
- Media/Social Media: The Head of Content oversees and executes all the content put out by the business to the media through, direct mail, email, interviews, collateral, speeches, recorded messages, newsletters and so forth.
The Head of Content also manages and oversees all of the business’s social media channels in regard to content, consumer engagement, customer service, performance management, and listings. They also expand and oversee the social media development tools and processes in order to facilitate actionable insights that inform strategic decision-making for the business’s social media presence and content.
- Collaboration: The Head of Content also plays a collaborative role by partnering up with the Growth marketing team to support marketing activities such as product branding, content, and messages. The Head of Content will also partner with the sales team for the purpose of developing sales content and the identification of target consumers and potential markets.
- Other Duties: The Head of Content will also perform other duties as are necessary for the effective execution of his duties and other duties as directed by either the Growth Manager or VP of Growth
Skills & Qualification:
- Education: The Head of Content must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, English, Public Relations, International Relations, Information Technology, Law, Psychology, or any other related field. A working experience of the equivalent is also acceptable.
- Experience: A suitable candidate will have had experience of over 4 years working in a high ranking position in the field of communications, preferably as a Senior Content Editor, Senior Content Marketer or Senior Content Strategist. They will also have had experience in the development and management of a team, leading that team to successful accomplishment of its goals. The Head of Content must be an individual who has additionally had vast experience and success driving and managing social media strategies for a business in a highly competitive environment. They must have the ability to get their hands dirty - copywriting, content creation and managing the entire content ecosystem as one person whilst being able to build out a highly effective team. A Portfolio of high-quality work and project samples will be requested
- Communication: The candidate for this position must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both in written and verbal form. In their leadership capacity, the effectiveness of their department will be to the extent that there is clear communication and conveyance of important information from the top down. The Head of Content will also have a strong ability to engage and persuade varying audiences even on technical subjects. Also, the Head of Content needs to demonstrate an ability to clearly present complex business strategies concisely and persuasively to executives such as the Director of Communications and key stakeholders.
- Leadership: The Head of Content must also possess strong leadership skills if they are to lead the content team to successful completion of its objectives. The Head of Content will have the capacity to manage internal and external meetings, have a strong understanding of management and communications competencies, and demonstrate an ability to drive a business’s culture through a department and have personnel work towards a unified vision.
- Technological Savvy: The position of Head of Content is very much technologically inclined and for this reason, the Head of Content must demonstrate a keen interest and competency in technology, technological appliances, and relevant softwares. The Head of Content will additionally be highly knowledgeable on the best social media practices and will have vast knowledge in the workings and navigation of key social media platforms as well as the competitive and regulatory landscapes of each of those platforms.
- Analytical Skills: A suitable candidate will portray strong analytical skills, showing a deep interest in research and analysis of business-related content. The Head of Content will have the ability to calculate ROI on every bit of content produced by the business. They will also possess the ability to interpret website, blog, and social media data in gauging the success of the business’s content and campaigns and communicating meaningful results to communications executives. They will have the ability to transform raw information and data into intelligence, and that intelligence into action.
- Presentation: A candidate for the Head of Content position must possess excellent skills in Gsuite, which they will use to create verbally and visually engaging content, reports, and presentations directed to executives and shareholders. They will also need to be proficient in certain software, which will aid in the creation of high-quality and engaging content, for example, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, Avid, and Photoshop.
- Interpersonal Skills: The interpersonal skills that a candidate for this position must possess are; exceptional collaboration skills, having time consciousness and being able to finalize projects within given (usually short) time-frames, exceptional organization, and multitasking skills, having an ability to prioritize tasks, being commercially driven with a desire to increase the consumer base through great content output.
- People Skills: The position being highly interactive, demands that the Head of Content be a highly relatable individual with the ability to engage easily with people and build strong and long-lasting relationships especially with key individuals such as media personnel, senior executives and stakeholders, research partners, and the consumers.
- Initial screening task
- A first screening interview with hiring managers
- Case study assessment
- Case study presentation with FlexClub panel
- Final 1:1 interviews with FlexClub leadership
How to apply
Apply for the role by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Your name + FlexClub Head of Content” as your subject.